Welcome

This is where you will find news about the Hobart Ward Relief Society.
Please enjoy your visit.
Comments and suggestions appreciated.

Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving Dinner



Just a few photos from our Thanksgiving dinner held last Wednesday evening. Thanks to Chelsea and Sue for a great night. And also to the YM and leaders for doing such a great job helping in the kitchen.
Sorry about the photo quality, these were taken on my phone!


We began the night in the chapel where we viewed a short dvd about being thankful then we moved into the rec hall for our dinner (Roast Chicken and Potatoes and an assortment of yummy salads followed by a variety of scrumptious desserts).
In the middle of the room was our 'Thanksgiving Tree'. On our table we found gum leaves and markers, we wrote on the leaves something we are thankful for then hung them on the tree. This is Carmen's and it says "Being able to stay home and be a mum".


Angus, Jonathon, and Isaac - three of our helpers.

The boys having some dinner - they perched themselves out of sight on the stage behind the curtains. L-R Angus, Josh, Ethan, Campbell, Hayden, Isaac and Campbell in the front.



Bishopric member Brother Bruce - working on his dishpan hands.



Katrina, Alice, Carmen, Jenny, Tina


Charlotte, Toni, Liz, Rhiannon and Robyn behind Rhi

Between courses we made nativity calendars. Brown paper bags were stamped with numbers from 1 - 24. In each bag we placed a strip of paper with a suggestion for that day of an activity to do with your family or friends to get you in the Christmas spirit. Suggestions were things like reading about the birth of the savior from the scriptures, Stargazing on the trampoline, eating fish 'n' chips at the beach, baking biscuits and delivering them to your neighbours, decorating the Christmas tree and so on. The bags were hole punched and tied together with ribbon.

In the foreground are [L-R] Mary, Andrea, Camilla and Barb



L-R Larissa, Debbie, Andrea, Kirsten, Fiona, Cindy?, and Karina



L-R Marj, Elaine, Helen, Shannon, Pat, and Angela


I think it's safe to say a fun night was had by all. It's nice to take time and reflect on the things we are thankful for and to express our gratitude to family and friends and most importantly to our Father in Heaven.

3 comments:

Fiona said...

Cool Pics!

Debbie said...

It was a great activity. Thanks to everyone involved in organizing it.

Unknown said...

“When I was introduced to Mr. Lee Ben ( A Loan Officer), I was entering the market as a first time home buyer.My needs were a bit different and I had loads of questions, before he sent me my pre-approval letter, he called to speak with me about what it meant and what could change. He made himself available to me at pretty much any hour via email and texts, he was very responsive and knowledgeable. He’s also very straightforward, I explained to him what my expectations were in terms of closing time and other particulars. He said he would meet those expectations but he surpassed them. I closed so quickly my realtor and the seller of course were excited about that. But as a buyer I appreciated being walked through the process in a succinct yet thorough fashion. From pre-approval to closing- the journey was so seamless and I consider myself lucky because I’ve heard horror stories about the internet . I recommend A loan officer ben lee contact email: 247officedept@gmail.com & Whatsapp Number :+1-989-394-3740 to anyone looking for a loan in any market. Everything was handled electronically expediently and securely.