Monday, November 30, 2009
Sunday, November 22, 2009
- General Priesthood Meeting 7pm 22nd Nov @ Stake Center
- Ward RS Thanksgiving dinner this Wed @ Chapel 7-8.30pm
- Teaching Symposium @ Stake Center 28th Nov 10.45am
- Christmas Hampers to be in by the end of the month
- Ward Christmas activity 12th Dec
Each of us should apply that principle [of unselfish service] to our attitudes in attending church. Some say “I didn’t learn anything today” or “No one was friendly to me” or “I was offended” or “The Church is not filling my needs.” All those answers are self-centered, and all retard spiritual growth.
In contrast, a wise friend wrote:
“Years ago, I changed my attitude about going to church. No longer do I go to church for my sake, but to think of others. I make a point of saying hello to people who sit alone, to welcome visitors, … to volunteer for an assignment. …
“In short, I go to church each week with the intent of being active, not passive, and making a positive difference in people’s lives. Consequently, my attendance at Church meetings is so much more enjoyable and fulfilling.”
All of this illustrates the eternal principle that we are happier and more fulfilled when we act and serve for what we give, not for what we get.
Something to think about I reckon...
See you on Wednesday
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
21st November Stake Fireside
25th November Ward Thanksgiving Dinner
28th November Teaching Symposium
Stake Temple trip Show weekend in 2010, idea is to attend temple from Wednesday to Saturday of that weekend.
Last Sunday our lesson was given by the Stake Relief Society Presidency, with a guest panel, President Prebble and Brother Dale. The lesson was taken from a talk given by Elder David Bednar, entitled, 'Things as they really are'.
This talk is worth a read and can be found on the church website by clicking here.
Larisa Richardson ended the lesson with her comment that life is all about balancing our time, we are all at different stages and we need to make careful judgement about how we best spend our time.
See you all on Saturday!
Sunday, November 8, 2009
- 15th November - Seminary and institute graduation
- 17th November - Kenneth Cope Fireside
- 21st November - Stake RS Fireside
- 23rd November - Sunday School Teaching symposium
- 25th November - Ward RS Thanksgiving dinner (Young Women invited)
- Christmas Hampers to Tim Watson by the end of the month.
- someone you can relax and chill out with
- unconditional love
- common interests/ experiences
- being able to share feelings/thoughts with them and wanting to.
- a feeling of love for your friend and them for you.
- 'really' talks to you
- good listener
- makes you feel happy
- kindred spirits/spirit world friend?
- mutual attraction/admiration
- no awkward silences
- undemanding of time - doesn't expect reciprocation of things they happily do for you
- helps and cares for you
- helps you be the best you can be/ brings out the best in you
- believes in you and supports you