Welcome

This is where you will find news about the Hobart Ward Relief Society.
Please enjoy your visit.
Comments and suggestions appreciated.

Saturday, January 30, 2010

RS Quilting Day

Hello again everyone! I'm home and straight back into it. I did miss our wonderful ward very much - especially after visiting some 'interesting' branches during our trip. First thing I did on returning home was catch up on the blog to see what you have all been up to. I was excited to see that an activity was planned for just a couple of days later. I felt a little bit like a visitor when I arrived at the Stake Center on Thursday for the RS Quilting Day but it didn't take long to feel very much at home. The activity was a roaring success. With the guiding hand of sister Debbie we were able to complete 6 quilts to be donated to families with prem babies. That makes a total of 7 quilts all together including the demo one Debbie made on her own. It takes a few days of concentrated time to put one of these together on your own - and that's when you know what you're doing! So we really did do a pretty good job. The only thing left to do is snip all of the seams and run them through the wash to get the unique look these quilts have. Thanks to those who have volunteered to do that. Also a BIG thanks to everyone who came along to give a helping hand. I think we worked as a great team. And of course a VERY BIG thanks to those who organised it all ( Debbie and Fiona I think but not certain) Plus a random THANK YOU just in case I've forgotten to thank someone!


One of the quilts completed minus the snipped seams.
The lovely pastel colours reminded us of marshmallows!








Check out Andrea's 'concentration face'. He he he he :)


None of this would have been possible without the expertise and talents of this lady, our previous RS President Debbie Carmichael. Thanks Deb.

So I wonder what our next Stake RS service project will involve?


Blanche

P.S. See you all tomorrow

No comments: