Welcome

This is where you will find news about the Hobart Ward Relief Society.
Please enjoy your visit.
Comments and suggestions appreciated.

Friday, July 18, 2008

MISSIONARIES

Just a reminder that the Sister missionaries are available to do splits with any sister who needs help with visiting teaching.  You and your companion can split with the missionaries and do your visiting in 1/2 the time, or one sister can take both sisters with her to visit if her companion is not available. This would be a great opportunity for you and the sisters you visit to get to know the sisters, especially for less active sisters, or new members. Please see the Sisters at church to arrange a suitable time with them.
Two of the Elders are not getting many tea dates. This may be because Elder Williamson is Gluten intolerant. This should not cause a big problem. It basically means he cannot eat WHEAT. That is anything with flour in it. It should not be too difficult to prepare a meal without flour. A meal of meat and vegetables would be suitable. It just means no flour in gravies or casseroles, you can use cornflour instead. Also dishes with pasta are not suitable. Any other food is ok. Rice is ok. The Elders would really appreciate an invitation  to your place. Please fill out  a night on the missionary meal roster on Sunday.
The missionaries have a baptism planned for Saturday 26th July at 4.00.

1 comment:

kimmers said...

Hey! I know I'm not a part of your ward (anymore...sad) but I just wanted to add a little plug for the missionaries. (woot) I wish more than anything that I lived somewhere that I could go out with the missionaries or have them over for meals anytime I wanted. Living in Orem, Utah I only get to see the missionaries (that is see with my eyes...not actually talk to them) maybe every six months or so. It's so sad. So yeah, remember how lucky and blessed you are to be so involved in the work and to be in close contact with the Lord's servants.

Love "Sister" Kim Stone :)

P.S. I love Hobart Ward and treasure the time I served there. Thanks again to everyone who supported us and fed us and embraced us. I love and miss you all!